Science at Stranton
We believe that science is a body of knowledge built up through experimental testing of ideas. Science is also a practical way of finding reliable answers to questions we may ask about the world around us. In our school, science is about developing children’s ideas and ways of working that enable them to make sense of the world in which they live through investigation and through scientific enquiry.
The Programme of Study for KS1 and KS2 provides a basis for us to deliver a high quality science education within our school. This helps us to fulfil our main aims which are to:
- prepare our children for life in an increasingly scientific and technological world
- take an active role in taking care of our local and global environment.
- help develop and extend our children’s scientific concept of the world.
- provide opportunities for all children to achieve their full potential.
- allow children the opportunity to raise their own scientific questions and also to experience different types of scientific enquiry, including practical activities and begin to recognise ways in which they might answer these.