The schools Delegated SEN Funding ensures provision to provide appropriate support for pupils with Special Educational Needs. We aim to support pupils through early intervention through quality first teaching in the first instance.
Funding is used to facilitate:
- Excellent targeted Quality First teaching
- Rigorous assessment that builds on what the child already knows, can do and can understand.
- Whole school inclusive practice and initiatives including multi-sensory resources
- Low pupil to teacher ratios to support smaller teaching groups
- Teaching assistants to support the delivery of targeted interventions under guidance of the class teacher following assessment to identify needs.
- SENDCo role and that of the wider Inclusion team
- Parent Liaison and support
- Liaison with external agencies including, additional Educational Psychology time, Speech Therapy provision and Therapeutic support.
- Provide specific resources to support differentiation including ICT resources
- Time to support staff in developing Individual Pupil Passports with pupils , parents and supp
- Staff training (CPD)
- 15 (7.5 Nursery) hours of individual support
An application can be made for 'Top Up funding' from the Local Authority high needs budget for pupils with high needs. This year, our 'high needs' spend is approximately £67,000. This budget is used towards the provision of enhanced support through targeted teaching groups with additional staff for pupils with complex education needs. At Stranton Primary School, we provide the best opportunities for all our pupils so provision for SEND pupils is further enhanced through our Pupil Premium funding allocation.