The Rationale for our curriculum
When designing our new curriculum, we followed the structure of Intent (What we hope to do and why we want to do it), Implementation (How we are going to do it) and Impact (The outcomes we hope to achieve).
We also took a number of key factors into consideration; we called non-negotiables that provided the foundation for our curriculum.
They include ensuring that the curriculum:
- Has the needs of the children at the heart of everything we do
- Is based on a strong foundation of oracy
- Meets the needs of our local community
- Is full of exciting, enriching and enjoyable learning experiences
- Provides opportunities for our children, staff and parents to all learn together.
- Positively improves academic outcomes
- Prepares our children to become positive role models in and effective contributors to Society
- Gives our pupils the chance to become the very best versions of themselves.
Or in short, a curriculum which provides only the very best education, opportunities and experiences for all of our pupils.