CENTRE ASSISTANTS (3 POSITIONS)
Part time/ Sessional hours
Band 5 (£16,491-£17,072 per annum pro rata)
The Governing Body of Stranton Primary School are looking to employ enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals to the role of casual Centre Assistants with a passion for delivering excellent customer services to all of our clients and support the delivery of our busy reception.
Experience of working with young people is an advantage although not essential. If you are looking to work in education and feel you have the qualities to meet the demands of this highly rewarding position, we would welcome your application.
The positions will include evening and weekend working and will play an integral role within the Centre.
Stranton Primary School was designated as ‘Outstanding’ in our latest OFSTED report (July 2012), and became part of the Stranton Academy Trust on July 1st 2013.
Stranton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to Safer Recruitment measures, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Application forms are available from, and returnable to, Miss Gill Lawson, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Thursday 29th June 2017
Short listing: Friday 30th June 2017
- Delivering front line reception services including all telephone calls, visitor and mail handling
- Taking and managing all bookings for the Centre including uploading to the electronic booking system
- Setting up conference and meeting rooms in preparation for bookings
- Arranging furniture and equipment needed for all bookings within the Centre
- Key holder responsibilities including opening, closing and securing the building
- Regular work undertaken outside of core hours, including evening and weekends
- Monitoring and reporting on maintenance issues and engagement with site managers and cleaning staff
- General administrative duties including photocopying and filing where necessary
- Promoting, encouraging and assisting in building the community spirit at the Centre
- To manage the financial aspects of bookings including receiving and counting monies in order to liaise with the Finance team
- Be responsible for safe storage of all equipment
- To maintain accurate and up to date records of all bookings
- To liaise with other key staff to ensure the effective running of the Centre
- Where appropriate, to communicate with external bodies and agencies
- To comply with all School policies and procedures as required by the Trust
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the line manager and or the Headteacher.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
This job description is current at the date shown, but in consultation, may be changed by the Headteacher to reflect the changing needs of the school which are commensurate with the salary and job title.
- Good level of education including GCSE in English and Maths (A,I,R)
- Have experience of working in a customer-facing role (A, I, R)
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills (A, I, R)
- Be motivated to undertake all tasks to the best of their ability (I, R)
- Identify ways to improve the services on offer (I, R)
- Solve problems and work on own initiative when required (A, I, R)
- Thrive in a busy environment and have the ability to work as part of a team (A, I, R)
- Excellent time management skills (A, I, R)
- Adhere and work to deadlines set, alongside the ability to multi-task when under pressure(A, I, R)
- Be confident in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook (A, I, R)
- Be willing to learn, including the use of new electronic systems and programmes. (A, I, R)
- Commitment to provide a high quality service for the local community and maintain a positive image of the School within that Community (I, R)
- Possess First Aid qualification or be willing to undertake the necessary training (A, R)
- Experience of working in a School or Sports Centre (A, I, R)
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements (A, I, R)
- A team player who is willing to help others (I, R)
- Ability to relate to young people (I, R)
Please be aware that the above criteria are not exhaustive and applicants should be prepared to expand upon their attributes during the application and interview process as well as evidenced through references.
(A) Application Form