School Direct programme
Stranton Primary School runs a successful School Direct (salaried) programme in conjunction with Educate Teacher Training.
People undertaking the School Direct course through Stranton School will:
- be given a residency School in and around the Hartlepool area. Each School has great experience of hosting trainees and developing Outstanding practitioners
- Provided with external CPD from Educate and Leeds University
- Provided with weekly CPD from Staff within the Stranton Partnership on all elements of the teaching Standards
- Provided with Mentors for the duration of the training year
- Have the opportunity to complete a PGCE
- Be given career support to give each trainee with the best chance of obtaining an NQT position (*)
* In 6 years of running the programme, 100% of trainees have obtained a teaching position before completing the course.
For more details contact:
Neil Nottingham, Headteacher of Stranton School email@example.com
Julie Kitchen, Educate Teacher Training firstname.lastname@example.org
Or look us up on the UCAS website.